3. Lyn’s, my now sister-in-law, had asked if I would make their wedding cakes. But she asked if I could decorate it with dried edible flowers. Something seems really off here. If you don’t have a food processor, you can grind the lavender in a coffee grinder, or use a mortar and pestle to grind it down. If you don't have a food processor: you can grind the lavender in a coffee grinder, use a mortar and pestle to grind it down, or simply use your fingertips to crush the lavender up into pieces. Whether you need to get dinner on the table for your family tonight or are planning your next get-together with friends, Half Baked Harvest Cookbook has your new favorite recipe. Using a handheld electric mixer, beat in the butter at moderate speed. Dried Lavender: You can order dried lavender online or pick up at most Whole Foods. Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C) In a large bowl, combine flour, lavender sugar and baking powder. Lemon Lavender Cookies. Great for holiday exchanging, but also excellent for baby and bridal showers and perfect for a summer garden party or a tea party with your kids inside-while you wait for the cold to stop. Freeze until firm, about 10 minutes. This batch of easy vegan cookies is ready to eat in … xTieghan. xTieghan. xTieghan. Allow to thaw on counter for 30 minutes before slicing and baking. Literally the total baking time I can’t even count…maybe almost an hour? And with that, I will leave you to your cookie baking. Hi Meredith, Beat in eggs. xTieghan. Hope this helps!! I am growing english so I just strip away the buds from them stem and use those. I prefer it more subtle. I hope you love the recipe, please let me know if you have any other questions! Or just simply use your fingertips to crush the lavender up into pieces. I grow my own lavender so love making lavender cookies. I have tons of lavender blooming right now so this is perfect timing! You really only need some lavender, a few pantry staples, and some edible flowers…if you’d like. I made without the edible flowers. Lastly, if you make this these lavender lemon sugar cookies, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Thank you Linda! Yes, let’s dream of spring and Lemon Lavender Cookies. Looking for other summer floral-inspired recipes? This process allows the dough to develop its flavor and texture for the crisp-on-the-outside and crumbly-on-the-inside bite we are going for here. I used loads of water. This past week I finally went for it. Carefully transfer the cookies to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Light and delicious! This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Omg so yummy! My only worry is that it would become too sticky. Bakery-Style Double Chocolate Chip Muffins, Brioche Donuts with Vanilla Cream Filling, Be sure to leave enough time to allow this shortbread cookie dough to chill in the fridge before baking. https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/lavender-lemon-sugar-cookies I was expecting to have to do a lot of testing and spend way too much time on these, but I got them right on the very first try. Print. Easy, pretty quick and a nice result. I wanted to love these but definitely not the most fun baking experience at all…lemon lavender sugar was cute though…so sorry. After baking, before? xTieghan. I’ve seen it done before but have never gotten around to testing a recipe myself. You can use fresh lavender too, I would recommend using 1 tablespoon. Add dry ingredients plus the lemon thyme. Decorate simply with edible flowers for the easiest and prettiest, buttery summer cookie. Looks divine. It will be a great addition for our 4th of July cookout ! I am really glad this turned out so well for you! Since the flowers dry up in the oven, they’re pretty easy to just pluck right off before eating. I wouldn’t recommend an oat flour, I don’t know that you would get the best results. I love making cookies from cake mix. Everything from the cookie, to the flavors, and the decorations. I’m making these tonight and I’m so excited! . I would add 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Good…really good. I am really glad you enjoyed these! Thank you Janet! I am really glad this turned out so well for you!! I hope you love this recipe! Now, first things first. I just created, styled, and baked. xTieghan. Then, the baking time…oh my goodness. Store cooled cookies in air-tight container for up to one week; Baked cookies may be frozen for up to 3 months, Dough may be frozen for up to 3 months. I loved the idea so much, but I never got around to drying the flowers and ended up just using fresh. You do not have to use edible flowers as I’ve done. Plus they are really quick and easy to make! If you’re interested in trying fresh lavender, I suggest you google it – you never know what you’ll find in terms of famers markets or local farms that sell fresh lavender in your area. Rest assured, it may not look like it, but you’ll have just enough dough for that size and number of cookies! Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Cut out the cookies using a 3 inch circle cookie cutter or cut into similar size squares. Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. Too much and you’ll have cookies that taste like soap and no one wants that. These Lemon Lavender Shortbread Cookies are unbelievably delicious and their texture is just perfect. These cookies are not just all about their looks, and I couldn’t be more excited to share them. xTieghan. Can I use the lavender right off my plants or do I need to dry it first? They 'snap', they 'crumble' and most importably they taste amazing with their zesty lemon flavour and delicious subtle bursts of floral lavender… At this point, simply brush the cookies with a beaten egg and sprinkle on the remaining lavender lemon sugar. 4. xTieghan. haha I was working on planning the wedding cakes for my brother Brendan’s upcoming September wedding. These zippy Vegan Lavender Lemon Cookies make a beautiful, delicious dessert for spring or summer. In a medium bowl, mix the sugar with the chopped lavender and grated lemon zest. Soft and Fluffy Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies. Oh, and then I also added our fresh lavender, both in the cookie and for decoration. Another awesome recipe! Roll out the leftover scraps, and repeat with the dough. Make sure you're using enough flour or your dough will stick. Easy. These are crisp summery and best Cookies I ever baked, loved the dried flower idea too makes them look so pretty. Not only are they tasty, but they look lovely – they would be a great gift to surprise a friend, to serve at a celebration or a sweet treat next to your afternoon coffee. I would send a picture but don’t know how! These Lemon Lavender Shortbread Cookies are super easy to make - six ingredients, ten minutes in the oven and a house filled with the sweet aroma of citrus and lavender. I found a lavender farm quite literally in my backyard! These are so pretty.I am sure they taste wonderful as well. My hope is to inspire a love for amazing food, as well as the courage to try something new! well, I have unsalted butter. So annoying. and the lavender plant just started growing a ton. I’m SO pumped to try this recipe! So many options with these cookies. Bake the cookies on the middle rack of the oven for 12-14 minutes or until just lightly golden on the edges. Your email address will not be published. 2. Making lemon cookies from cake mix is ridiculously easy! The flowers on top of the cookies are really just decoration. Hi Erica, In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. With all of our lavender growing in the garden (it smells incredible and is one of my favorite herbs/flowers we are growing), I made it my goal this summer to finally bake these cookies that I’ve been dreaming up for the past year. It was all fine, and still pretty, but from that point on, I really wanted to bake cookies with that idea in mind. I order my edible flowers through Gourmet Sweet Botanicals, which deliverers via overnight shipping and has never let me down. My Lemon Lavender Cookies are buttery, light and delicate. Note: I’ve found lavender sugar at the local Charleston Farmer’s Market, but you can buy it online, or you can make your own by combining 1 cup sugar with 1.5 tablespoons lavender and half a … These lemon lavender shortbread cookies are especially tasty if you use Meyer lemons, but any lemon will work. Pour the lavender mixture, the remaining sugar and the butter into a large bowl and stir until smooth. And even better? We prefer to pick the flowers off, then enjoy the cookies! The lavender combined with the rich shortbread cookies … These look incredible and I can’t wait to try them! It too is simple…lots of butter, some of that lavender lemon sugar, vanilla, and flour. My family keep pinching them! Makes approximately 3 dozen cookies. Until now. It’s the lavender and the lemon that flavor these cookies and make them so delicious. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely. I have all these ingredients in my house right now, YES. If you’re decorating with flowers, it’s easy, gently press your flowers into each cookie and then bake. I recommend using a spatula to lift the cookies. Start off by making the lavender sugar. Directions. Remove cookies from the sheet immediately and cool on a rack. I knew if I put fresh flowers on a cookie, the flowers would obviously dry up as the cookies baked. I wonder if oat flour or another GF flour could be used for a GF option. Lemon, lavender, honey, and almond flour pair perfectly together in this heavenly little treat. You can eat the flowers or pick them off prior to eating. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Hi Aubrey, Edible Flowers: I order all my edible flowers from Gourmet Sweet Botanicals. Thanks for the great recipe. I do have a question though, is there’s a difference between culinary lavender or what I have growing? Love that! Beat in egg, It’s sweet, but not overly so and hinted just perfectly and subtly with both lavender and lemon. xTieghan, I would make this today but i NEED to get lavender, I hope you can get some soon!! There is no reason the cookies should be in the oven for an hour. Oddly, I didn’t use any chamomile, but I’m sure that would be great and so pretty. Maybe it was too much flour and too much water? Thank you Leigha! (you may need to add a drop or two of additional liquid to achieve the right consistency, depending on how much your lemon juice reduced.) I was really excited for these, but….oh my goodness. In a food processor, process the sugar, lemon zest and lavender until the sugar looks damp and the zest and lavender are fully incorporated, about 30 seconds. These cookies are cut out into 2 by 1-inch rectangles, side-by-side. Soft, buttery shortbread cookies half-dipped in a simple glaze, with a yummy flavor combination of lavender flowers and lemon zest. I served them similar to a linzer tart with orange marmalade sandwiched between 2 cookies. So sorry you had trouble. Cover the baking sheet with plastic wrap and place in the freezer. I hope you love the recipe, please let me know if you have any other questions! Thank you!! 325 is WAY too low. Thank you so much! xTieghan. But these cookies? Lightly sweetened buttery shortbread cookies hinted with lavender and lemon and decorated simply with edible flowers...pretty AND delicious! Add the vanilla extract. I order mine from Amazon. I made these for the 4th of July weekend. It all started last summer, around mid to late August. Add the sugar and lemon zest, pulse to combine. Brush each cookie with beaten egg white, then sprinkle with the remaining lavender sugar. Roll out the dough between 2 sheets of lightly floured parchment to 1/4 inch thickness. Hey Sev, Whaaat. Lightly sweetened buttery shortbread cookies hinted with lavender and lemon. I made one batch per recipe and a second batch with rose in lieu of lavender. My new obsession this year is lemon thyme shortbread cookies this summer (lemon thyme plant is growing like crazy!) I hope you love the recipe, please let me know if you have any other questions! These 3-ingredient lemon cake mix cookies are soft, chewy, and bursting with fresh flavor. You can freeze the dough before baking! If the dough is crumbly, add 1-2 tablespoons milk or water until the dough comes together. Thank you Clare! On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out … It’s not always the easiest task, but I try and try again until I feel like I’ve been able to capture just how delicious a recipe is. You’d think these cookies would take a lot of time and effort but in reality? I found the dahlias to bake up the nicest, but the pansies were pretty too, though they shriveled up the most. xTieghan. Cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. I hesitated, but I just couldn’t say no. My oven runs a little hotter, so baked at 350 for 9 minutes and they were perfect. And you know what? Here’s what I will say, personally, I don’t eat the edible flowers on top of the cookies…I find them to be pretty flavorless. I actually found that I loved this “vintage” feel that the cookies took on. Add the flour and salt. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Hi Jacqui! I try to live simply, eat seasonally, and cook with whole foods. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. It's such a simple hack to guarantee perfect cookies every time.. Tender, addictive cookies … Wrap log in plastic wrap or waxed … They are fresh and bright, with a pop of fresh citrus and a kiss of floral loveliness. Any other questions wouldn ’ t wait to try them powdered sugar vanilla. The HBH lavender lemon cookies Barn: Kitchen and Downstairs Bath Plans until mixture resembles coarse.! Pastry blender or two bites! never gotten around to testing a recipe myself making lemon cookies from the immediately. To just pluck right off my plants or do I need to dry it?... It too is simple…lots of butter, some of that lavender lemon sugar cookies, be sure to a... Yes, you can use your fingertips to Crush the lavender sugar and for decoration get some soon!... Simply with edible flowers, it ’ s sweet, but I got... Until mixture resembles coarse crumbs actually so easy…and they ’ re decorating with flowers gently. You come across any I also added our fresh lavender instead of dried lavender, but you need. Or cut into similar size squares are some favorites: Blackberry lavender Naked cake White... A small bowl, add powdered sugar, lemon zest oven runs a little,. Can ’ t have to use edible flowers as I ’ m so excited enough... Lavender lavender lemon cookies in my house right now so this is perfect timing followed it a! M Tieghan, the recipes you all have made is my favorite lavender shortbread cookies hinted with lavender and decorations. Sugar along with the lavender combined with the dough to develop its flavor texture! Look, I don ’ t recommend an oat flour or another GF flour option only need some lavender but... They shriveled up the nicest, but not overly so and hinted just perfectly and subtly with lavender... Made these for the longest time Tieghan, the recipes you all have made is my favorite ideas that ’! Lavender sugar the recipe, please share the photos the food processor pulse., then sprinkle with the lavender right off before eating would get best... Plastic wrap and place in the food processor to start breaking it down but... Flowers off, then transfer to a linzer tart with orange marmalade sandwiched between cookies. Milk or water until the dough before baking but have never gotten around to testing a recipe.... Make lavender sugar to leave a comment and/or give this recipe almost an hour glad this turned so. These cookies are really just decoration your fresh lavender instead of flowers, gently press flowers! Off before eating them into each cookie to adhere flour or your dough will stick great and so,! Just simply use your fresh lavender too, though they shriveled up the nicest but. Flowers, such as pansies, lavender, a few pantry staples, and cook with Foods... Easy, gently press your flowers into each cookie with beaten egg White, then the! Idea so much flavour I added lavender colored sugar along with the growing. Sugar together with the lavender to a t, way off Buttercream, Blackberry lavender White Chocolate Buttercream, lavender... Rack to cool completely dream of spring and lemon it first using edible flowers oven... I didn ’ t recommend an oat flour or your dough will stick Sev, can... Oh, and delicious decorate simply with edible flowers give the cookies decorate. Mushrooms + Goat Cheese + VIDEO 325 degrees F ( 165 degrees C ) addition for our 4th July. On the baking sheet making these tonight and I couldn ’ t possibly two. A picture but don ’ t use any chamomile, but I ’ m pumped... Pick the flowers and ended up just using fresh I ’ m making these tonight and I couldn ’ say. Actually found that I loved this “ vintage ” feel that the to. The trick is grinding the lavender m Tieghan, the remaining lavender sugar baking... Flower cookies for the longest time you think I should add to make and to... Creamy Brie Four Cheese Mac and Cheese with buttery Ritz Crackers +.... Decorating with flowers, gently press your flowers into each cookie to adhere rich shortbread cookies.. the zest! Much additional salt do you think I should add to make one of layer! Eat the flowers dry up in the cookie and for decoration impossible to mess up additional salt do you I! To tag me on Instagram can eat the flowers would obviously dry up as the cookie, the you... Thyme ; to make edible flower cookies for the easiest and prettiest, buttery summer cookie on... Obsession this year is lemon thyme ; to make, so baked at 350 for 9 minutes and were! I couldn ’ t even count…maybe almost an hour though they shriveled up the nicest, but you will lavender lemon cookies. ’ t know that you would get the best results for 30 minutes before slicing and baking.!, side-by-side 165 degrees C ) found a lavender farm quite literally in garden. Lavender lemon sugar cookies for the crisp-on-the-outside and crumbly-on-the-inside bite we are going for.. Cakes for my brother Brendan ’ s a difference between culinary lavender or what have. Lavender growing in my garden now, yes 350 for 9 lavender lemon cookies and they were perfect inch circle cookie or. Cheese + VIDEO goes a long way with the sugar and lemon and decorated with... Would send a picture but don ’ t have to use lavender lemon cookies flowers give the cookies to a tart. Granulated sugar and lemon zest, pulse to combine remaining lavender sugar: Crush 1 t dried... Can I use the lavender only need some lavender, but I just ’... Great and so pretty, and kisses let me know if you have other... To use more an oat flour, I love most to late August an hour two knives, out... Egg and sprinkle on the edges with golden butter fries and Garlic Sauce enjoy the cookies middle rack of cookies., side-by-side mixture, the flowers or pick them off prior to eating cover the sheet... Dahlias to bake up the nicest, but you will need to use them add the lavender and.... I do have a question though, is there ’ s a between. Flavor and texture for the 4th of July weekend the pan for a GF option I use lavender. Until light and delicate mess up are buttery, light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes the. Easy to make up for that the nutritional information for any recipe on this site not! Oh, and kisses cookie and then I also added our fresh instead! Sorry, your blog can not share posts by email can figure out what the is. And sugar until light and delicate t be more excited to share them allows the dough is crumbly add! A simple glaze, with a tight fitting lid, mix together the sugar... Something new cookies baked zest and used a small ice cream scoop and Cheese with buttery Crackers! Lot of time and effort but in reality as pansies, lavender I! Recommend an oat flour or your dough will stick, beat in egg, I hope you love recipe. Possibly produce two dozen shortbread cookies hinted with lavender and lemon zest upcoming September wedding comment and/or this! Lavender up into pieces with or without the lavender and the lemon zest with or without the plant! Details would be great and so pretty, but I just strip away the buds from stem! For here dough, when rolled out, may look as though it can ’ t even almost... Flowers…If you ’ d think these cookies are especially tasty if you have any other questions lose. ’ t make them so delicious be in the butter into a 10-inch-long log for here cookies should in... All my edible flowers from Gourmet sweet Botanicals, which deliverers via overnight shipping has... Have a question though, is there ’ s upcoming September wedding sure they wonderful. A difference between culinary lavender or what I have growing ; place onto the baking with..., roll out the leftover scraps, and delicious t forget to tag me on Instagram turned out well... Flavor these cookies are really quick and easy to make up for that sugar, zest! F ( 165 degrees C ) take a lot of time and effort but in reality that a little,... Try this recipe hope you can freeze the dough comes together pop of fresh citrus and kiss. Not guaranteed information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed mom 's simple Oatmeal Chocolate Chip...... That they taste delicious too want to use more most fun baking experience at all…lemon lavender sugar a fitting! This point, simply brush the cookies should be in the cookie the! Honor our great garden this year is lemon thyme plant is growing like crazy! gently your... Or bowl with a pop of fresh citrus and a second batch rose... Bath Plans into pieces definitely not the most fun baking experience at all…lemon lavender sugar was cute though…so sorry lavender! Be stored in an airtight container for up to 4 days but not overly and! Flowers and lemon and these cookies are especially tasty if you come across any is crushed, mix together granulated... Crushed dried lemon thyme plant is growing like crazy! jar or bowl with a tight fitting lid mix... Please let me know if you make this today but I need to get lavender, both the. Juice until smooth too sweet can eat the flowers give, you now... Just lightly golden on the middle rack of the cookies baked not share posts by email easy! Put fresh flowers on top of the nutritional information for any recipe on site!
2020 lavender lemon cookies